Friday, April 4, 2008

Kyo Odori: Opening Day Update 2008

CORRECTION: The maiko Satonami performs in the opening scene with the geiko Chiyoe and Kanachisa. Thank you to everyone who pointed out this mistake!

The past few days have been incredible: full of maiko, geiko, sunshine and cherry blossoms in full bloom. We even stumbled upon a procession of Oiran! Everywhere I look, I see a haiku. If only I had the words to share them with you.

Well, I'm no Basho, but I do have a camera (^_<) There is absolutely nothing like Kyoto in the spring. It's like a dream! I can't wait to show and tell you all about it!

If anyone would a program from any or all of the spring dances, please contact me or leave a comment!
Peter MacIntosh has uploaded a few images from this year's Miyako Odori program to his blog! Check it out!

More updates coming soon...